The performance of your filter press relies on the performing of the filter cloths. Filter cloth installation is typically easier when it comes to non-gasketed filter cloths, but it’s still important to install it in the right way. If the filter cloth isn’t installed properly, it will cause the damage and the leakage. It will affect the result of the filtration, even cause some damage to the filter plate.
The following are a list of tools needed, and the step-by-step instructions to help you install a new common chamber filter cloth in the filter press machine. Tools Prepared
1) Rubber Cloth Dog Washers *Some filter plates use cotter pins instead of rubber grommets
2) Zip ties
3) Clippers (Used to snip excess zip tie)
4) Non-gasketed filter cloths(Common chamber PP filter cloth)
1.Filter plates must be power washed and clean
2.It is easier and faster to install filter cloths with two people.
3.If the filter press is sitting on the ground, you can install the cloths while the plates are still in the press (as shown). It is not recommended to install cloths with the filter plates in the frame if the press is over an opening for cake discharge.
1) With the filter cloth on a flat surface, fold one side in half matching up the edges
2) Roll the folded cloth up to the center feed hole and fold in half again
3) Push rolled cloth through the center feed hole
4) Flatten cloth to plate and turn it so the top of the cloth aligns with the top of the plate
5) A second person should be receiving the rolled cloth and following step 4 on the opposite side of the plate
Top of plate
6) One cloth at a time, lay the top edge of the cloth over the plate, aligning the grommets onto the cloth dogs; every grommet should be over a cloth dog
7) Secure cloth dog with a rubber washer (or cotter pin) Side of plate
8) Starting on one side, snugly secure grommets on the side of the plate with zip ties, removing the excess zip tie with clippers. *While you are doing this, be sure you’re checking that the cloth lays flat, flush against the plate handle. Every set of grommets should be secured.